Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Obama on Letterman

Yes, I am an Obama supporter, and yes I do realize that it is a very trendy and popular position to take at this time. I don't care. If you caught him on Late Night with David Letterman last night, you may a few of the reasons why.

For twenty-somethings who vaguely remember Bill Clinton and have become politically knowledgeable only since President Dubyah has been in office, Obama is so exciting for the simple fact that he is NOT Bush. His demeanor and easy on camera shines through quite easily, but it is when he speaks of policy that he really becomes electrifying.

For the first time in my life, I see a politician that can hold my attention on the issues that are important in this country and also make me believe that it can be better. I, like many people in my age group who have not been around to see presidents rotate in and out of the Oval Office, who may still be too idealistic, am inspired by Obama. Case in point, last night when he described America as "the last best hope on Earth."

I actually believe that HE believes it, and I hope I can stay idealistic like this for a long time to come.

No comments: